Week Notes: Aug 20 to Aug 27 2023
I like the idea of week notes! So, I’ll start doing it in this blog. It’s a great way to practice gratitude and acknowledge accomplishments.
In this post I'll share some of the things that happened to me last week.
- I started reading the book: “The Chaos Machine: The Inside Story of How Social Media Rewired Our Minds and Our World” by Max Fisher. I’m only 10% in and it so far covered the Myanmar violent uprisings that were fuelled by Facebook’s content and the Gamergate hate campaign. Scary stuff! 📖
- We finally got a sofa-bed for our living room. It fits our space perfectly and it’s very comfortable! It was worth the wait. 🛋
- I started thinking about my relationship with email. I’ve noticed how email is a distraction when I’m trying to focus at work. I keep checking email all the time, even when I tell myself I’m in a focus time block. It’s something I want to work on. ✉
- I went out for a run 4 times this week. I’m keeping with 7km total for each run, and 2 pauses of 2 minutes during the run. 👟
- I enrolled in Ice Skating lessons that will start in October. Since the pandemic these classes were mostly cancelled, and now I was finally able to secure a spot! ⛸
Post 18/100 of 100DaysToOffload challenge!
By Noisy Deadlines Minimalist in progress, nerdy, introvert, skeptic. I don't leave without my e-reader.