Every start of the year I like to think about my reading goals: Will I challenge myself to read more? Do I want to dive into a new series? Do I want to finish a series I’ve already started? What are the books I already own that I look forward to reading?
Last year (2021) I read 45 books surpassing my goal of 42 books, which was way better than expected. I had a busy year that mixed working from home challenges (in a small 1 bedroom apartment), new responsibilities at work, buying, renovating, and moving to a house, and the overall anxiety-inducing COVID-19 pandemic.
I feel 2022 will be better overall. I feel calmer and I think I built some resilience to deal with anxiety-induced situations. I don’t care about social media and endless feeds anymore and that frees up some time. So, for this year I will challenge myself to read a book per week, on average:
📚 Reading Challenge 2022: Read 52 books
These are the reads I’m looking forward to:
- The Dresden Files Series by Jim Butcher (#7 to #17)
- The Expanse Series by James S.A. Corey (#5 to #9)
- Shadows of the Apt Series by Adrian Tchaikovsky (#6 to #10)
- All Souls Series by Deborah Harkness (#1 to #3)
Want to read next (Books I already own)
1. Nemesis Games (The Expanse, #5) by James S.A. Corey
2. The Sea Watch (Shadows of the Apt #6) by Adrian Tchaikovsky
3. Dopamine Nation: Finding Balance in the Age of Indulgence by Anna Lembke
4. Embrace Your Weird: Face Your Fears and Unleash Creativity by Felicia Day
5. Rosewater (The Wormwood Trilogy #1) by Tade Thompson
6. Nightfall (Blood Magic #1) by L.H. Cosway
7. A Discovery of Witches (All Souls #1) by Deborah Harkness
8. The Book of Life (All Souls #3) by Deborah Harkness
9. Shadow of Night (All Souls #2) by Deborah Harkness
10. The Blacksmith Queen (The Scarred Earth Saga #1) by G.A. Aiken
11. The 5th Gender (Tinkered Stars) by Gail Carriger, G.L. Carriger
12. Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir
13. The Humans by Matt Haig
14. A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2) by Becky Chambers
15. The Lady from the Black Lagoon: Hollywood Monsters and the Lost Legacy of Milicent Patrick by Mallory O'Meara
16. The Stars Are Legion by Kameron Hurley
17. Children of Time by Adrian Tchaikovsky
18. The Consuming Fire (The Interdependency, #2) by John Scalzi
19. The Last Emperox (The Interdependency #3) by John Scalzi
20. The Rogue of Fifth Avenue by Joanna Shupe
21. Fire Logic (Elemental Logic #1) by Laurie J. Marks
This is not an exhaustive list, just a handy list I can go to when I’m not sure what I want to read next. I will also be reading the books chosen by my local Book Club.
🎉 Happy new year!
#Books #Booklist #ReaderGoals
Thoughts? Discuss... if you have an account or email me
By Noisy Deadlines
Minimalist in progress, nerdy, introvert, skeptic. I don't leave without my e-reader.