My Reader Goals 2020
I set up an ambitious goal last year: to read 52 books. It's about a book per week. I made it in the end but I gotta say that reading the Saga graphic novel series helped a lot in terms of numbers!
I ended up reading 57 books in 2019, which was awesome!
Anyway, for 2020 I'm repeating the same goal: 52 books. I don't want to be too ambitious because I know the amount of time available I have to read and I know it's not getting any better in 2020.
I will work with the time I have available and I already have 33 books loaded into my Kindle. That means, I already own these books. It's a virtual pile of books.
My reader goals for 2020 will be simple:
- Read the books I already own. These will be my priority.
- Read selected books from the Ottawa Science Fiction and Fantasy Book Club (I will pick which books I want to invest in).
- Continue with series that I know I enjoy (The Expanse, for example).
- And pick some books about technology that's been on radar lately.
List of Books I already own (#1 priority):
- The Sweet Spot: How to Accomplish More by Doing Less eBook: Christine Carter Phd
- Sword of Destiny: Andrzej Sapkowski, David A French
- Tiny Habits: The Small Changes That Change Everything by B.J. Fogg
- Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future by Ashlee Vance
- Letters from an Astrophysicist by Neil deGrasse Tyson
- Blood of Elves (Witcher, #1) by Andrzej Sapkowski
- Time of Contempt (The Witcher, #4) by Andrzej Sapkowski
- Skunk Works: A Personal Memoir of My Years at Lockheed by Ben R. Rich
- The Lady from the Black Lagoon: Hollywood Monsters and the Lost Legacy of Milicent Patrick by Mallory O'Meara
- Heart of Steel (Iron Seas, #2) by Meljean Brook
- The Pride of Lions (Highlands, #1) by Marsha Canham
- The Light Brigade by Kameron Hurley
- A Closed and Common Orbit (Wayfarers, #2) by Becky Chambers
- Nemesis Games (The Expanse, #5) by James S.A. Corey
- Extend Your Mind: Praxis Volume 2 by Tiago Forte
- Dragons of Winter Night by Margaret Weis s
- The Secret Lives of Introverts: Inside Our Hidden World by Jenn Granneman
- The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins
- The Future of Another Timeline by Annalee Newitz
- The Stars Are Legion by Kameron Hurley
- The Ghost Brigades (Old Man's War, #2) by John Scalzi
- Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell
- Paladin of Souls by Lois McMaster Bujold
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- Walkaway by Cory Doctorow
- Kenobi by John Jackson Miller
- The Collapsing Empire (The Interdependency, #1) by John Scalzi
- Embrace Your Weird: Face Your Fears and Unleash Creativity by Felicia Day
- How to Create a Mind: The Secret of Human Thought Revealed by Ray Kurzweil
- Dopamine by Mikhail Voloshin
- Gideon the Ninth (The Locked Tomb, #1) by Tamsyn Muir
- Mindfulness: A Practical Guide to Awakening by Joseph Goldstein
- LikeWar: The Weaponization of Social Media by P.W. Singer, Emerson Brooking
Books I want to buy and read in 2020:
(mostly related to technology/digital information)
- Surveillance Capitalism – Shoshana Zuboff
- Hatching Twitter: A True Story of Money, Power, Friendship, and Betrayal by Nick Bilton
- A Survival Guide to the Misinformation Age: Scientific Habits of Mind by David J. Helfand
- Weapons of Math Destruction: How Big Data Increases Inequality and Threatens Democracy by Cathy O'Neil
- LikeWar: The Weaponization of Social Media by P.W. Singer, Emerson T. Brooking
By Noisy Deadlines Minimalist in progress, nerdy, skeptic. I don't leave without my e-reader.