My Reader Goals 2019
I challenged myself to read 52 books this year. And I have a plan... 🧐
...Read more “Hell, Yeah!” books.
The past few years I was experimenting a lot and reading books I would not really pick up at first glance. And looking back I saw that my average rating for all the books I read was 3.9. I think that's low. That means I didn't read enough books that I thought were really exciting. I read lots of “meh” books. You can see a list of all my read books here.
This year I want to read books that have been on my “to be read list” for some time because they are sequels to stories I already love.
Also, I was inspired by the Reading Glasses challenge (great podcast about Book Culture, BTW) and borrowed some of their ideas to my Reader Goals:
- Read a graphic novel (or two...)
- Read more of authors I already know and love
- Read a book by a trans author
- Listen to 1 audiobook per month (non-fiction)
- Listen to 1 fiction audiobook [never tried it before!]
Read sequels of the Series I already love:
The Expanse by James S. A. Corey (#4 to #7)
Murderbot Diaries by Martha Wells (#3)
Old Man's War by John Scalzi (#2 to #6)
Parasol Protectorate by Gail Carriger (#2 to #5)
The Witcher by Andrzej Sapkowski
Start Reading The Dresden Files Series by Jim Butcher [never read it before! Wanna try!]
Read books I've already have purchased/pre-ordered:
- The Armored Saint by Myke Cole
- Paladin of Souls (World of the Five Gods #2) by Lois McMaster Bujold
- Changeless (Parasol Protectorate #2) by Gail Carriger
- Enough by Patrick Rhone (Kindle Unlimited)
- Drive by Daniel H. Pink
- Digital Minimalism by Cal Newport [pre-ordered]
- Team Human by Douglas Rushkoff [pre-ordered]
- Blood, Sweat, and Pixels: The Triumphant, Turbulent Stories Behind How Video Games Are Made by Jason Schreier
Also read some picks from Vaginal Fantasy
I am sure I'll keep adding titles to this list but I will try to consider this my priority list for 2019 😎
By Noisy Deadlines Minimalist in progress, nerdy, introvert, skeptic. I don't leave without my e-reader.