2021 Word of the Year: ENGAGE 🎬
Every year I sit down and reflect on the new year with the following topics:
- NEW PERSPECTIVES
- What would I like to change about myself?
- What would I like to change about my lifestyle?
- What would I like to change about the way I work?
- What can I do to challenge myself?
- Goals: What do I want to achieve this year?
- Projects to continue working on this year
- Books to Read
I also choose a word/topic focus for the year.
I don’t have big goals or big changes for 2021. I want to consolidate the discoveries I made in 2020. I learned a lot about myself last year. It was a good time to reflect about my habits and now I want to ENGAGE 🎬.
I want to build my Knowledge Database. I’ve been studying Zettelkasten for that. Engage more, do more. Spend less time setting up apps and changing methods. Stick with the established routines. Get into the flow. Make small adjustments only when and IF necessary. Continue to go out on long walks (something I started doing regularly in 2020). Spend less time on my phone. Be less distracted, (re)train my focus. Consume less information. Quality > Quantity.
Hoping the world is a better place in 2021!
By Noisy Deadlines Minimalist in progress, nerdy, skeptic. I don't leave without my e-reader.