Time for the wrap-up of the month! We are at the 26th week of 2016 and I’ve finished reading 3 books: 1 non-fiction and 2 fiction. So here goes my list:
The “Read” list of June, 2016:
- Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert: I really liked it! It’s a very upbeat reading with a positive message: whatever you do, just keep doing it!
- Old Man’s War (Old Man’s War #1) by John Scalzi: That was my favorite book of the month. The world building, the characters, the pace of the story: all perfect. It has a great beginning and ends beautifully. It has humor, war, politics, action and even romance. It is the type of book that is hard to put down.
- Les Catilinaires by Amélie Nothomb: I have finally finished this one! I started reading it in April but then abandoned it because, well, reading in French in not easy, so I turned myself to easier tasks. Now I’m done! It started off well with a mysterious neighbor, a house in the woods and then it starts to get weird. I didn’t enjoy the ending. It seemed, meaningless.
The “To-Read” pile of June, 2016:
- Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell: I’d like to know how we think without thinking. And why.
- Status Anxiety by Alain de Botton: this seems to be a questioning book. I have recently watched a TEDTalk with the author and this title called my attention.
- The Time Traders (Time Traders/Ross Murdock, #1) by Andre Norton: this July’s pick of the Bookclub Sword and Laser. Science fiction first published in 1958 and written by the first woman inducted by the Science Fiction and Fantasy Hall of Fame.
And what is next?
I have a plan again for this month! I plan to read in July:
- The Practicing Mind: Developing Focus and Discipline in Your Life byThomas M. Sterner
- The Time Traders (Time Traders/Ross Murdock, #1) by Andre Norton:
- Contact by Carl Sagan
See you next month! Happy reading!
❤ What did you think? If you liked this post, please recommend it!