So, the idea of starting a blog or online journal sparkled in my head by September, 2012. I was having a very boring day, so I decided to write down a list to shake things up:
- Start a blog to write things down and organize list(s) and thoughts about life, universe and everything.
- Reduce time browsing Facebook drastically: it´s really depressing when you realize you’ve spent half an hour on Facebook and the most useful thing you saw was some news about a cool book coming out (and it was just some advertising, actually…). Note: I got inspired by this post @TheOnion – a must-read all you Facebook slaves!!
- Okay, there was just one more cool thing on Facebook today: some cute art saying that making lists keeps us creative. Yeah. Lists. Great.
- Say “no” more often. It´s good.
- No multitasking. Multitasking is bad for your brain (there was some study I read about this, but I´ve lost the link, sorry).
- Assume my antisocial side, no need to feel bad if you don’t enjoy karaoke.
- Just say “no”.
- Sometimes people don’t care about what you find essential in your work, well f@#* them.
- Swim today. No excuses.
The list was called “A list out of boredom” when I wrote it. And after that I tried to continue blogging, but it actually didn’t work out very well. Looking back, I realize today that last year was a complicated year for me. I skipped many activities I usually enjoy, but at least I had a main objective, and I’ve managed to complete it.
But I was completely exhausted after that! I needed some time to cool down and reorganize myself. I started making changes in my life, including routines, habits, life style and so on.
I’m still in the process, and now I’ve found time and energy to restart this blogging project.
In a way, I believe I’m going through a personal change, big or small, which I hope is for the better.
And maybe that’s what this blog is all about, besides thoughts about life, the universe and everything!